The Department of Air Navigations Services (DANS), being one of the three (3) pillars of the Gambia Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), is responsible for the delivery of air navigation services within the Gambian airspace as per ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) set out in the aviation industry. It ensures the provision of Air Traffic Services, Communication and Navigation Services, Meteorological Services for air navigation and Aeronautical Information Services within the Banjul control zone or airspace as well as Search and Rescue Services to ensure that assistance is rendered to aircraft or persons in distress.
The Department of Air Navigation Services comprises of the following office / units.
- Office of the Director of Air Navigation – Office of DANS
- Aeronautical Search and Rescue Services – SAR
- Air Traffic Services – ATS
- Aeronautical Information Services – AIS
- Aeronautical Communication – Aero-Comms
- Aviation Meteorological Coordination Services – Av-MET Coordination